Saturday, December 03, 2005

you might sleep, but you'll never dream

Like the clouds bring a darkness and a hard rain's gonna fall
and all my laughter ends in emptiness and a hard rain's gonna fall
my every medicine caused more illness and a hard rain's gonna fall
but until I let you go I didn't know, you were never mine at all
---
but now I spend my days in ever-increasingly complicated ways
convincing myself of the rightness of each word
I say
---
oh, pretenders, let's go down, let's go down
won't you come on down, oh pretenders, lets go down, down to the river and pray?
"But I'm so afraid," or "I'm set in my ways"
but he'll make the rabbits and rocks sing his praise
"oh, but I'm so tired, I won't last long."
No, he’ll use the weak to overcome the strong!

you strike the match
Why not be utterly changed to fire?
To sacrifice the shadow and the mist of a brief life you never much liked

We hunger,
but through all that we eat brings us little relief
we don't know quite what else to do, we have all our beliefs,
but we don't want our beliefs,
God of peace, we want You.

2 Comments:

Blogger Janice said...

why didn't you answer the phone yesterday? should i be worried?

my minutes roll over soon so i'll have more long distance to give you.

YES! you posted! albeit a depressing one, it's still a post, love. all our nagging paid off! yes! miss you. don't forget that i love you, okay?

1:38 PM  
Blogger ° ÐãVeØ ° said...

At least I know you're alive.
Hey, I like Me Without You. This is a good song.
write to me sometime, if you're not gonna post on here.
Dude. I'm always here for you.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home